Recent Posts

Monday, February 8, 2010

Let's hear it for the boys!

Mom's, dad's, grandparents and other fans of little boys know three things:
  1. There are far more things in commercial store and in the handmade marketplace for little girls.
  2. If you are a DIY kind of person, the selection of boy fabrics and other craft supplies (patterns, yarn, etc.) sometimes leave much to be desired in design or supply.
  3. When you do find cute boy things, buy it, give it, snatch it up and share it with others!

This week at Camp Cupcake, I will... Dana of Made and Rae of Made by Rae are BOTH celebrating all things fabulous for the little men in our lives all. month. long. I am ecstatic! I will be participating in celebrating the boy as well here (this is an all boy camp at the moment!) and look forward to sharing some of my favorite boy things all week long.

What I am loving this moment...

Learn how to make your own patterns and how to use freezer paper stenciling or just print or copy a design you like, cut, trace on fabric/knit/fleece to boy-bling up some custom tees and pants!

Rally all those loose little cars into this on-the-go car caddy by Homemade by Jill...(I am SO making this!)

Upcycle daddy's old t-shirt into this super cute 90 minute shirt
I have my own little tutorial in the works to share with you one of my favorite little upcycled, boy-friendly (super easy...I promise!) projects and will continue to share all of my boy discoveries. I have also concentrated my efforts this weekend and have stocked the store with some great boy goodies in the store!

1 comments:

Nicole's Homemade Treats...The Blog said...

Cool! With 2 boys on my own I am always looking for quality, handmade items! However, I need shops where I can BUY these things! :O) I don't sew!

Post a Comment