Recent Posts

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Show of hands- who is ready for Valentine's Day?

Photo courtesy of Martha


Remember how I challenged you to "shop from your shelves?" If you are like me, you have a ton of extra craft, scrapbook and construction paper taking up space in your home. Instead of wistfully thinking about all the good intentions you had for those supplies, make them into personalized Valentine's Cards! Simple trace your child's hands, cut them out and decorate! The possibilities are endless on how each child will decorate their hands but here are a couple of ideas to get you started:
  • tape lollipops or other wrapped candy to the hand
  • use letter/word/picture stamps that you have on hand (or use this cool potato stamp idea!)
  • Good ole' glitter makes everything better (except maybe for Mariah Carey's career...)
  • crayons and marker drawings or love notes
  • use smaller pieces of craft paper to cut into shapes (flowers, hearts)
  • Grown-ups can help sew on sequins or buttons rescued from the washer

Why waste money on mass produced, licensed character cards when your kiddos can put all of their own character into their giving?

Share any other great Valentine's crafty things you are doing at your home!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a good post! I love crafts especially when I can do them with my kiddos! I dont really have a craft to add but every Valentine's day, I do a scavenger hunt for my kids. Each "stop" for the next clue has a small toy or treat and then at the end, I have a bigger gift to make it really special. Love this post, thanks for sharing!

Heather said...

A scavenger hunt? What a fabulous idea!! (The Nancy Drew Wanna Be in my LOVES it!) Thanks for sharing!

Nicole's Homemade Treats...The Blog said...

Great idea!!! I never (much to my son's chagrin) purchase the mass produced Valentine's! It is much more fun to go for handmade!

Post a Comment