Recent Posts

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

{How-To Tuesday} Pillow Craft

Remember how I asked for your feedback on what fabrics to use to decorate our new bright aqua bedspread? Well, I totally disregarded all of your advice and went with some great Kaffe Fassett prints, mixed it with some Amy Butler Love and started cruising through flickr for some inspiration!

The inspiration print that made me change direction:


I also got inspired by the amazing pieces seen over on this flickr pool and decided to try my hand at English paper piecing some hexagons.

While done completely by hand, they whip up easy when sitting on the couch watching Glee!


I appliqued then onto some silky navy linen fabric, added a simple patterned ruffle around the outside...


...and have the first (of many to come!) throw pillow for our bed!




I am in love with my new pillow and can't wait to try some new crafty techniques to make a couple more to fill up the bed!

Motivated to whip up a pillow for a special corner of your house?
(Seriously-pillows are amazingly simple, quick and very fulfilling to put together!)


Pillow tutorials to get you started:
Super simple knit ruffle pillow (this is definitly on my to-do list!)

2 comments:

Allison {A Glimpse Inside} said...

super cute!

Penny said...

Love the pillow. And really love the print, where did you get it?

Post a Comment