Recent Posts

Friday, December 18, 2009

sacred moments...

I recently watched Stephanie Nielsen on the Oprah show (read her story here) and was struck by a phrase that was used to describe the day to day activities of a stay-at-home mom. A viewer had written in to the Oprah show describing how she hated being at home. While "hate" has never been a descriptor that I would have used to describe my feelings during this transition, I did relate to some of the frustrations that the viewer described. She visited the getting-famous blogger, Nielsen, in her home and watched her interact with her children and go about her day despite severe and painful burns all over her body. She cannot hold her children and has to wear hospital gloves to bathe them. She cannot open simple ziploc bags while packing their school lunches. The viewer was impacted on how she never realized how sacred these moments were with her children...

Sacred...

That word invokes thoughts and feelings of spirituality. That word invokes thoughts of a Holy Ground that requires reverence. But doesn't the Home deserve that reverence? Doesn't the Home deserve the honor of being the place we come to find solice and serenity that the world tries to steal from us?
Even though the past days have been a bit trying for all of us in our home, I hope that I remember the sacred moments that I get to share and enjoy each day at home...



Harboring a slight addiction to crafty magazines and books...enjoyed with a cup of coffee

Homemade marshmallows...dipped in chocolate with peppermint on top

Holding my sleeping son during naptime

Dreaming about what goals and ambitions I have for my creative adventures

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the marshmallows and the spool caddy! Do you have a marshmallow recipe to share!?! :)

Nicole's Homemade Treats...The Blog said...

Nice post, thanks for sharing!

ilovebabyquilts said...

Great post! Love those marshmallows!

Post a Comment